Translate this blog!

Monday, January 22, 2018

Heartfelt Thoughts - the difficulties of being an artist

Have any of you ever been told either directly or indirectly that you weren't what someone was looking for?

Have you ever questioned your own gifts because of certain events which have happened in your life?

I have. This is my story.

I am Sarah Prewitt. I am an artist. To get more specific, I am a musician, composer, filmmaker, and enjoy drawing and various other art mediums.

In short, I am a very creative person. The Lord God Almighty gave us all the ability to create when He created us in His Image.

We are the only beings who can create. Think about that ... we can create. Purely for the sake of being able to create. A beaver may build a dam and it is beautiful how they do this, however, it is out of a life necessity that they must do this.

We, as human beings, can create purely for the love of someone or something. Not solely out of need. This is a beautiful gift from God.

I have had various times throughout my life while in school, college and after that when people have either directly or indirectly told me that I'm not what they are looking for or other horrible things like that.

This is very frustrating to be told this. It is hard to find out where you fit in the world. To figure out what God wants you to do.

This is part of the reason I decided to write this blog.

I want people to be able to come here and learn about how to express their various forms of art and not feel that just because they don't currently have the most expensive art supplies, musical instruments or whatever that they cannot still create beautiful art.

Ever since, I have graduated college back in 2014, I have been trying to find my place in the world, What I am supposed to do with my various gifts God has given me. I have had many times where I thought I knew what He wanted and then that did not come to fruition.

I have applied to many many different kinds of jobs inside and outside of my field of which my college degree is in. All over the place.

After going to interview after interview, in most cases hearing nothing; when I did hear something back, it was usually, something like, I was not what they were looking for or that I didn't have enough experience for the job.

The thing is, how are you supposed to gain experience at something if you can't show someone what you already know? How are you supposed to learn if you are not first allowed to make mistakes?

Why does everyone in this world have to meet ridiculous expectations and be "perfect?"

I hate this stigma because that is the very reason why there are people out there who are suffering from various issues like self esteem, depression, anxiety and so many other things.

I personally know people who are dealing with these kinds of problems in various ways and forms. They need our support. They need to be able to get the right help they need.

I don't know if anyone will really read what I write here or anything, but if there is any difference I can make in this world by writing this, if there is even one person who might read this and take strength from it, I am thankful for that.

I believe that there is some reason as to why I am writing this. Why I am being so honest online right now, when I am not usually.

I am not writing this to hurt or ridicule anyone. Rather, I want to help people. I genuinely love people. All of you are beautiful creations of God.

Don't you ever ever forget that. You were created in the Image of God to be able to create things which are for Him and honor and glorify Him. Please, continue to do this.

If you do not know the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, please contact me. It would be an honor to talk to you about what the Lord has done and is doing in my life and how you can come to have a relationship with Him as well.

I wanted you to know that despite having a lot of frustrations and setbacks and feeling discouraged in my life, that I have not given up. Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Even though people have directly and indirectly said horrible things to me and about me, I try not to let this get me down and feel sad. I try to get back up and keep trying.

I would like to thank You, Lord Jesus Christ for being there for me all of the time and everything you have done for the entire world by dying on the Cross for our sins and rising again to be our Savior.

I am also thankful for my family, friends and professors and teachers I have had throughout my life and the various people who continue to support me both directly and indirectly.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
Sarah

Contact Me click here



In light of a recent tragedy in the music industry, I am putting up a link to a petition to stream the upcoming concerts of the band, SHINee. I had only recently discovered their music when they suddenly lost a friend, band member and musician. Kim Jonghyun had a beautiful and unique voice. I really hope that he found the Lord Jesus Christ who can love him more than any of us can. I will continue to pray for the salvation of the fellow band members; Onew, Taemin, Minho and Key and that if they do know Jesus Christ, that they draw close to Him and that they will live lives worthy of Him. I also pray for their families and friends going through this tough time.

https://www.change.org/p/sm-entertainment-sm-entertainment-to-stream-one-of-shinees-dome-concerts-in-honor-of-jonghyun

No comments:

Post a Comment