Translate this blog!

Friday, July 7, 2017

Hobby Lobby Tracing Paper Review

Master's Touch Tracing Paper

Tracing paper is something almost every artist uses for a variety of things. I use it to learn how to draw. I can place it on top of a picture and trace the lines and details to get a feel for how it is done. Then, I sometimes use graphite transfer paper to transfer the image or I draw it freehand in my sketchbook and learn from there.

Another way I have used tracing paper is to trace and later transfer an outline of an image I wish to paint.

Paper shown through natural light
Transparency of paper for tracing









It is important to have good quality tracing paper. I don't like it so thin that it tears and wrinkles easily, yet too thick and you can't easily see through it.


Another thing is, that it is smooth and has very little paper grain. This helps to obtain crisp lines.

Master's Touch tracing Paper from Hobby Lobby is an economical tracing paper, which has these qualities. It also comes in a variety of sizes.


  • Acid Free paper
  • Sizes: 9" X 12", 11" x 14", and 14" x 17" 
  • 50 sheets each pad
  • 25 LB paper
  • Cover made of study heavyweight paper and the back of hard board
  • Fold-over cover for easy tearing out of pages.
Cover information
Paper smoothness shown still in the pad
One thing I really like about this paper is the quality for the price.I have used this with pencils, mostly, but I have found it to accept charcoal and it helps with not allowing ink to bleed through other pages when inking a drawing. I have yet to compare this with other brands like Canson, and Bee, but for the price this is definitely worth it. 

I have the 11" x 14" inch paper pad.

Thank you for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment